Constellation [VR segment] The Nazar Eye Hospital is a real pioneer in the Constellation system of vision which is an ophthalmic surgery. It is an ophthalmic micro – surgical system that is used for both anterior (i.e. Removal of cataract and phacoemulsification) and posterior segment (viteoretinal) ophthalmic surgery. Uses PUREPOINT LASER is used in this system in photocoagulation of both the anterior and posterior segments of the eye which include the following –
- Penretinal photocoagulation and Retinal photocoagulation.
- Intravitreal photocoagulation of structural and vascular abnormalities of the chroid and retina which include: Retinopathy of prematurity; Proliferative and nonproliferative retinopathy (also diabetic); choroidal neovascularization which is secondary to age related macular degeneration; retinal detachments and tears; macular edema ; choroidal neovascularization; leaking of microaneurysms.
- Trabeculoplasty for the treatment of acute angle closure glaucoma, refractory glaucoma and primary open angle glaucoma.
- Irdectomy or Iridotomy for the treatment of refractory glaucoma, actue angle closure glaucoma and chronic open angle glaucoma.
- More laser treatments which include: lattice degeneration, internal scelrostomy, suturelysis, central and branch retinal vein occlusion, pigment and vascular skin lesions.